|Investing in your future, one step at a time since 1966||
1060 Pedigo Way
Bowling Green, Ky 42103
Teaching the Art of Movement since1966
Dance Arts of Bowling Green was established in 1966 by Martha Madison and has been providing high quality of professional dance education to the city of Bowling Green, Kentucky and the surrounding areas for over 40 years.
The Dance Arts Faculty and Staff are passionate about dance and and the beauty of individual, group, and community development through education. We focus on emphasizing the value and importance of dance education. Dance Art's students gain valuable life skills and experiences that will play a positive role in shaping their future and their love of the arts. Ms. Martha and the Dance Arts Faculty believes that dance education includes not only the physical aspects, but intellectual and emotional fitness as well, inspiring creativity and enthusiasm for dance in her students.
Dance Arts' students learn:
- Dance technique and style
- Poise and artistic presentation
- Correct body placement and alignment
- Anatomy in relation to dance
- Physical balance and flexibility
- History of dance and ballet
- Dance terminology
- Music education
- Musical rhythm
- Improved comprehension/concentration abilities
- Communication skills
- Emotional, intellectual, and creative development
- Physical fitness and strength
- Commitment to set goals and the value of personal challenge
- Responsibility and integrity
- Experience being a team player
- Being apart of a tightly knit and supportive artistic community for students and for parents
- Experience coping with demands and expectations
Dance Arts of Bowling Green offers classes for children starting at 20 months all the way up to adults. Not only do we offer recreational classes for all ages, but we also offer "Performance Level" curriculum classes that range from Performance Troupe, Dance Company, Bowling Green Show Stoppers, Prep-Professional Classes, and Pre-Professional classes.
Thank you for taking the time out to learn more about us. Please explore the site to gain more knowledge of who we are and what we're about.